My organic Ebi Mayo recipe, which is my favorite prawn dish. It’s so yummy! I bet you will be addicted once you try this dish! I got the idea from a Japanese Izakaya we used to go to in Shibuya, Tokyo. My husband also loves this dish and he was happy to see that I attempted to make it since we can no longer go to our regular izakaya in Tokyo.
Ebi Mayo (Prawn with Mayonnaise)
- Mixing Bowl (Medium)
- 10 Black Tiger Shrimps or Prawns Wild Caught
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Katakuriko (Potato Starch)
- Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dry-Powdered Parsley
- 4 tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise *If you can't get this, see the note below.
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Milk
- Place all the ingredients for the Mayonnaise sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Prepare the prawns by twisting off the heads of the prawns, then shell and devein. I leave their tails intact for the look/presentation.
- Put a cut on the prawn from their back until the middle. This is for presentation and for how it will cook.
- Dry the prawns by using paper towels. Remove any water on the surface of the prawn.
- Season the prawns with salt & pepper.
- Lightly cover the prawns with potato starch powder.
- Stir fry/deep fry the prepared prawns with sesame oil or salad oil.
- Sauce the prawns by placing them and the mayonnaise sauce in a frying pan and stir them with low heat for a little bit.
- Put them on a plate and sprinkle parsley for look.
Rate this Recipe
Share your thoughts and rate this recipe. I love feedback!
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Enter your email address to receive my latest recipes, cooking tips, and recommendations.
My Recommended Products Used in this Recipe:
Anthony’s Organic Granulated Cane Sugar$10.99
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Parsley Flakes$7.99
Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper$8.92
McCormick Grinders Sea Salt Grinder$4.48
Organic Katakuriko (Potato Starch)$12.49
Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Oil$9.89
Marukan Organic Rice Vinegar$14.09
Organicville – Organic Ketchup$7.99