Mirin Sweet Rice Wine (Organic)
Mirin is Japanese rice wine often used in Japanese cooking for dishes like Nikujaga, Karaage (fried chicken), and various stir fried dishes.
- KEY INGREDIENTS – Organic Sweet Rice, Organic Distilled Rice Wine (water, organic sweet rice, koji seed), Organic Rice Koji (Rice, koji seed), Sea Salt.
- HAND-CRAFTED JUST FOR YOU –Naturally Fermented over 9 months creates a sweet, thick, golden seasoning that enhances the flavors of both sweet and savory sauces, entrees, stir-fries, dips, and desserts.
- TRADITIONAL AND VERSATILE – Blossomed in Japanese Cuisine during the Sengoku period, or ‘Age of Civil War’ (1467–c. 1603). The most common use of mirin in the western world is found in a teriyaki sauce or stir-fries. Its consistency makes it a great glaze, pairing wonderfully with seafood. Mirin can also be used to make homemade tofu, as a wonderful marinade, or as part of a zingy salad dressing.
- PROMOTES EXCELLENT HEALTH- Mirin is said to promote healthy skin, aid recovery from fatigue with its amino acids and vitamin B generated with the enzymes in koji rice malt. In addition, mirin is said to reduce hypertension.
- NUTRITIONAL FACTS (per serving – 1 Tbsp)–0g Fat & Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 122mg Sodium and 32 Calories
- Non GMO and Gluten Free
- 12.68 oz
You may also like…
My Recommended Reading for this Product...
Spicy Miso Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce Recipe – Super Addictive!
This is a Japanese spicy miso mayonnaise dipping sauce. It’s highly addictive and tastes amazing on just about any kind of vegetables. Enjoy it as a very tasty afternoon snack. You might already have your easy and tasty homemade dipping ... [READ MORE]
Goma Dressing Recipe – A Japanese Sesame Dressing used for Salads
This Japanese Goma dressing recipe (ごまドレ) is perfect as a dressing for salads or topping for chicken and vegetable dishes. It’s super easy to make and you can enjoy it as a homemade organic dressing anytime. We call this sauce ... [READ MORE]
Fried Chicken with a Japanese Taste
I love making dishes with chicken, there are so many possibilities. And all are tasty! Tonight’s dinner was Japanese fried chicken served with Japanese white rice, miso soup, chopped cabbage and cherry tomatoes. With a side dish of stir fried ... [READ MORE]