This Japanese Goma (Sesame) sauce is perfect as a dressing for salads or topping for chicken and vegetable dishes. It’s super easy to make and you can enjoy it as a homemade organic dressing anytime.
We call this sauce Goma dressing, or in Japanese ごまドレ (pronounced GO-MA-DO-RE). Goma is the Japanese word for sesame and Dore is the shortened word of Doresshingu (the Japanese word for dressing). This type of dressing is very popular and frequently used on Japanese dishes and salads. You will find it used in most restaurants for a salad dressing. The Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing of Japan. 😉
You could usually find sesame dressing at Japanese grocery stores, but why not just make it yourself as it’s very easy to make and also you can easily make an organic version if you use all organic ingredients. And of course, it will not have MSG! Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
Goma Dressing (Japanese Sesame Dressing)
- Mortar and Pestle
- Mixing Bowl (Small)
- 4 tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds Grated
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds Roasted/Toasted
- 2 tbsp Miso
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil Roasted/Toasted
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Powder)
- 1 tsp Dashi Powder
- If you don't have grated sesame seeds, grate them with a mortar and pestle.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until blended and smooth.
- Try it as a salad dressing or on some boiled chicken or vegetables! Serve it either chilled or at room temperature.
Rate this Recipe
Share your thoughts and rate this recipe. I love feedback!
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Enter your email address to receive my latest recipes, cooking tips, and recommendations.
My Recommended Products Used in this Recipe: